Week 15 post

Google analytics

Bounce Rate or the percent of visitors who leave my site after having visited only a single page is an important and beneficial metric for my business. A high bounce rate would mean that people are not exploring my site, thus reducing my chance of a conversion. Google Analytics allows me to know this metric so I can make necessary changes to reduce this percentage.


Google analytics also provides metrics on visitor age, gender, location, and interests. This data allows me to see the demographic of people who go on my site, allowing me to better specify my target audience for things like social media advertisements.   


Another useful feature is how Google analytics allows you to see from what social media visitors are originating from. This feature allows you to gauge the performance of different social media platforms by seeing how much traffic and conversions come from each of the platforms. This makes it so you can adjust your strategies or perhaps focus a majority of your efforts on a certain platform. 

The last useful metric is site search. This metric allows me to see what people are querying on my site so that I can better match their queries to help them find what they are looking for. I feel like were all familiar with business that have a useless search bar. This metric will aid in preventing that.




Comments

Popular Posts