Week 12: Post 1


For online marketing, social media is very important, however it's use is futile if potential customers cannot easily find your business's website. It is not enough for a business to link to their website in their social medias description, despite the fact that it can be easily seen and accessed there. The site must also list high on the SERP (search engine results page). For instance, In 2014, Conductor suggested that 64% of all web traffic comes from organic search, compared to 2% from social, 6% from paid search, 12% direct and 15% from other referral sources. This statistic shows how a vast majority of a business's potential customers will come from  SERPs. Therefore, it is important for every business to pay much attention to  SEO (search engine optimization) to improve their sites rank to relevant user queries thus increasing the chance of their site being seen and clicked on.


Because of this, I believe the most important additional online marketing tools are tools that help with SEO. For my business, Turing Project, a tool which I believe would be almost necessary is Google Ads. Google Ads would make it possible for my business's site to show at the top of the SERP for whichever keyword I specify on a pay-per-click system. This could make it so that whenever a user queries "turing project" in their search engine, my site would be at the top of the results. This takes what would of been a much longer and more difficult process and streamlines it, making it so that any social media user who maybe saw one my posts, could then easily find my business if they switch over to google. The next tool I believe would be important to the growth of my business is a keyword tool. My keyword tool of choice is, Keywords Everywhere , a chrome extension that shows me a keyword's monthly search volume, cost per click, and competition data. This tool makes it possible to find relevant long tail keywords for my business that could potentially have a high conversion rate and that I could then target with on and off page SEO.



Comments

Popular Posts