Week 11: Post 1


Turing Mousepads

For my business, I believe a monthly newsletter would be the most appropriate. This is because I don't anticipate my business releasing new products frequently and I don't want the business to become spammy. I also don't think people will routinely shop at my web-store, a mousepad is something someone might buy one or two of and then not think twice about for years. For these reasons, I don't think it would be wise to press past customers with sales generating emails. Rather, I think relationship building emails would be much more beneficial. 

In these emails I would focus on creating and using content that my newsletter recipients would find interesting, welcome, and not find annoying or sales-pushy. I want to build Turing as a brand that supports minimalism and technology in order to increase efficiency and improve aesthetics. I want the content of these emails to reflect that value. To do this, I think emails should contain overviews of articles and videos from people unaffiliated with Turing (perhaps past customers) who have created efficient, visually aesthetic workstations using technology and minimalism. I think my email recipients would enjoy seeing this type of content and learning from other people and their stories, as well as seeing and getting ideas from their workstations. Other ideas for my newsletter are relevant studies on efficiency and minimalism, content from other companies and individuals Turing likes and supports, and new product releases and performance data. Although these types of emails might not directly boost sales, I think they could potentially create a name for Turing and increase its popularity among tech enthusiasts, minimalists, and professionals who work from a computer.

Comments

Popular Posts